Meet our newest addition to the clinic!
Dr. Jerny Scotty was originally from San Antonio, Texas but moved to Austin in 2021. He earned his Bachelors of Biology at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio where he also participated in research and earned top honors, including being placed on the Dean’s List for all semesters. He then obtained his Doctorate in Optometry at the University of the Incarnate Word Rosenberg School of Optometry where he was awarded Salutatorian of his class. During his rotations in Optometry school, Dr. Scotty gained a diverse clinic experience ranging from vision therapy, refractive surgery management, and specialty contact lenses to low vision. He enjoys working with the pediatric and special needs population, particularly helping them see and function better in school so they can reach their full potential. Patients and staff enjoy his positive and bubbly personality.
His favorite hobbies include DIY projects (just like Dr. Emery), working out, dancing, exploring the beautiful Austin scenery, and spending time with his family and husky in San Antonio.
- Bachelors of Science in Biology - University of the Incarnate Word, Summa Cum Laude
- Doctor of Optometry - University of the Incarnate Word Rosenberg School of Optometry, Magna Cum Laude
Awards and Memberships
- Licensed in Texas as a Therapeutic Optometrist
- UIW RSO Mission Award 2021 & 2022
- Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honor Society
- UIW RSO Dr. Theresa Kent Excellence in Optics Award
- UIW Outstanding in Scholarship and Research 2017 & 2018