Dr. Julia Emery is from McPherson, Kansas, and moved to her husband’s hometown of Austin. She has been in practice in the Austin area since 1998 and an Associate Doctor on the McCormick Vision Source team since 2018. She enjoys working with patients who wear Scleral contact lenses and finds it especially rewarding to help them see better than they have in the past. Her other favorite areas of practice include mentoring optometry interns and finding the best solution for every individual’s vision needs.
Dr. Emery enjoys travel, DIY projects (Pinterest!) and spoiling her dogs.
- Kansas State University pre-Optometry
- Doctor of Optometry, New England College of Optometry 1996
- Beta Sigma Kappa Honor Society
- Licensed in Texas as a Therapeutic Optometrist
- Licensed in Texas as an Optometric Glaucoma Specialist
- Board Certified, American Board of Optometry